The State of Games, Episode 5 – The One About Mansions of Madness
The State of Games, Episode 5 is alive! And this may be our most controversial episode yet – at least amongst the rabid Cthulhu Mythos gamers amongst you. Bear with us, Lovecraftian fiends, we promise you the stars are right to talk of Things Man Was Not Meant to Know… About Mansions of Madness!
See that box over there? Yeah, the cool-looking one with a spooky old mansion and pulpy investigators and all manner of creepy, tentacular goodness – looks pretty awesome, doesn’t it? Well, don’t judge a book by its cover. Inside that box, lies a big ol’ hot mess – it’s filled with typos and long sheets of sanity-sapping errata, and non-Euclidean geometry… I swear I saw some snippets from the Necronomicon where even Shub-Niggurath’s name was misspelled. The good news is that it weighs close to seven pounds, almost big enough to fend off a shoggoth, as long as he’s busy eating someone in the meantime.
Games mentioned in the podcast that you should check out
Lords of Vegas (RECOMMENDED – get it now!)
Riddle of the Sphinx shoutout
Kristian Bunkholt Nauste of Norway – Good luck on your thesis!
Like what you hear? Subscribe to the State of Games podcast RSS feed!
- The State of Games, Episode 1 – The One About the Chinese
- The State of Games, Episode 4 – The One About the 7 Deadly Sins
- The State of Games, Episode 3 – The One About the Death and Life of Monopoly
- The State of Games, Episode 2 – The One About Naked People
- Kingsport Horror: Further Delving Into Madness